Friday, December 30, 2011

STEAMROLLER

And update from this past summer:

On June 25th, I got to help coordinate and particpate in an event called Steamroller, a joint fundraiser for Danceworks and RedLine Milwaukee. Particpating artists did large scale woodblocks that were inked-up and printed in the street with a steamroller! The prints were then auctioned of in the RedLine gallery.

Here are some images from the event:

My block, in progress. 48 x 48", this was the largest woodcut I have ever done!

Detail:

Blocks, lined up to print:

Steamroller:

Pulling giant prints:

My finished print in the gallery "Three Hares":

1 comment:

Megan Payne said...

Your work is awesome! It's neat, and I like the size! That is fit to be presented in a show or in some art gallery. I hope there would be an event like that in our town. But I doubt if I can top that artistic piece of yours. =)